Saturday 25 June 2016

REVIEW - Rosie for Autograph Rosebud Highlighter


As a self-confessed copper/rose gold addict, I was immediately drawn to the beautiful packaging of the new make up range brought out by Marks and Spencer’s cosmetic line Autograph in collaboration with one of my favourite models Rosie Huntington-Whitely and so naturally I couldn’t wait to try out some of the products.

I was not at all disappointed when I saw the collection!! Rather than your standard make up range brought out by someone famous that usually isn’t that great, this collection actually works with some of the newer trends such as cream contour sticks (similar to Tarte The Sculptor) and cream eye shadow sticks (like the By Terry Ombre Black Stars). 

The packaging is a very similar colour and style to Charlotte Tilbury, providing a luxury feel to the range. The price range is not bad at all, although out of drugstore pricing, cheaper than say Mac, with lipsticks retailing at £14 and eye shadow quads at £18.


Although I swatched many of the products, all which felt creamy, pigmented and high quality, a student budget doesn’t allow for a huge splurge so I decided to pick up the Rosebud Highlighter because a girl can never have too many highlighters!

This highlighter is so different to any I have; rather than a pressed powder in a pan its loose in a pot with a netting over the top to stop too much coming out into the top section which is extremely helpful. Its a very fine powder which I love and in addition to the consistency I also don’t own any highlighters that have a very slight pale pink tone like this does. Its an absolutely beautiful colour!

I use a Zoeva Luxe Sheer Cheek brush to apply this product to the tops of my cheekbones and the fact its such a fine powder means it glides on to my face so evenly and provides an all over sheen, not looking the slightest bit powdery. 



The pigment of this highlighter is quite sheer, definitely more of a day-to-day look rather than for special occasions. I reach for this product nearly every morning when I’m doing my make up as I love the subtle sheen it provides and the colour is perfect for my pale skin tone. 

The highlighter was £18, which admittedly is a lot of money, but I think its worth every penny as it does look and feel like a high quality product and, (as I tell myself at every make up counter), a highlighter is a long-term investment as I genuinely have never even been close to hitting pan on a highlight and I don’t see myself running out of this one any time soon. 



(with -top- and without -bottom- camera flash on)

So to give a quick summary, I 100% recommend this highlighter as its a beautiful product in beautiful packaging and its an absolute staple in my collection. 

Let me know if you’ve tried it and what your thoughts are!


Becca x

No comments:

Post a Comment