Tuesday 28 June 2016

Top 5 Tips For A Healthy Mind

Morning everyone, 

Recently I’ve been going through quite a down patch in life, letting quite a lot of things get on top of me but after a few peaceful days away from everything in the middle of nowhere, I’ve cleared my mind and feel a lot more positive about things.

I believe that just making some small changes can have a big impact on your outlook and mindset, and so I thought today I would share a few of the steps I take to refresh my thinking and work towards a healthy and peaceful mind.


  • Fresh Air: Run, walk, sit, cycle, it sounds so simple but for me going outside, especially on a cold, crisp early morning, literally cleanses my head and I can physically feel the wind carrying negative thoughts away with it as it blows past. Sometimes my head can feel quite clouded and heavy, and the fresh air really helps to relieve this pressure and I go back home feeling much lighter and able to think straight. See how you feel, sometimes I will sprint for miles as fast as I can to feel the strong rush of wind and to stop me from concentrating on anything except the rhythm of my feet on the pavement. Other times I won’t feel like running, and I have the desire to get away from all the noise and distractions, so I’ll go on a long walk in deep countryside. I am a complete city-girl at heart and thrive off the buzz and hustle, but occasionally it is so clarifying to escape it all and just wander somewhere alone with the natural surroundings.

  • Read a Book: Ever since I can remember I have been an avid reader, fascinated by the way certain combinations of letters on a page can transport you to a different world, connect you with these characters that don’t even exist like they are your friends. When there are things in life that are getting too stressful or I can’t stop thinking about something, I pick up a novel. Sometimes it can take me a while to get in the mood for reading but after I persevere through the first few pages, I am soon immersed into this new story, my own troubles left behind as I explore these new people and concepts in the book. When I finally put the book down (which is usually a difficult thing to test myself away from it) I feel both relaxed and distracted, and after experiencing the story I often feel like I have a fresh perspective on my own life.

  • A Green Smoothie: A few weeks ago I took part in a three day juice cleanse with my friend, and although it was a bit of a struggle to stay away from chocolate, at the end of the three days I felt like a new person. I was shocked to feel that the so-called ‘cleansing’ and ‘revitalising’ genuinely did make my whole body feel cleansed and revitalised and I had so much more energy and felt a lot happier even though i’d only done it for such a short amount of time. My favourite recipe is a cup of spinach (don’t worry you can’t taste it at all), a cucumber and a green apple. Simple, tasty, and very filling.

  • Clean, White Bedding: Another very simple action, something that often people do without even thinking about it. Yet I find not much compares to the feeling of bright clean sheets; climbing into the fresh bedding literally makes me feel fresh and clean and white and like I'm starting a new chapter. Sometimes when you're having dark thoughts in your head its good to fill your day with light objects to try and raise your mood.  


  • Making Plans: My final tip, and perhaps the most important, is to make exciting plans for the future. Whether its something big like a summer holiday, or something as small as having your favourite food for dinner the next day, having something to look forward to is the best way to take your mind off things and acts like a goal or reward that you can work towards.

I hope reading this post can help someone to feel a bit happier by reading it because I'm definitely feeling in a much better place right now, especially since relaunching my blog. 

Becca x

No comments:

Post a Comment